40%
No, let's stay myApertureInnovations
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [BLOG]: We officially own myApertureLabs.com - and all t

Postby Kizzycocoa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Keklolzor wrote:
reepblue wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:Wait, Msleeper, why? You already own ThinkingWithPortals.

So he can use that domain to link to TWP so he can get more traffic. There is a lot of old mAL links left on the internet.
Which is why I vote for using mAL

exactly my thoughts too. the last thing I want here is for mAL's popularity - which is a lot bigger than mAI, to be made into a redirection page.

I need not state other, more obvious reasons as to why I personally would dislike it to be a TWP redirect.
Kizzycocoa
Cake Connoisseur

???

Postby p0rtalplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm going to be switching web hosts some time this weekend (hopefully), and I'd like to be able to only have to set up one domain when I do so...if we stay mAI there's no question of whether we keep mAL (was hard to get that!), but myApertureInnovations has not really got that well known.

The poll is a lot closer now than it was, does anyone else want to swing their vote?
p0rtalplayer
Ideal Gas

Postby Camera » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I have a distinct preference for MyApertureLabs.
Camera
Aperture Science Security Cam.

Postby reepblue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

p0rtalplayer wrote:I'm going to be switching web hosts some time this weekend (hopefully), and I'd like to be able to only have to set up one domain when I do so...if we stay mAI there's no question of whether we keep mAL (was hard to get that!), but myApertureInnovations has not really got that well known.

The poll is a lot closer now than it was, does anyone else want to swing their vote?

I thought the poll was closed. :/

I honestly really don't care. What I do care about is the logo crap I spent hours on. It is really nice to have a site use your logo when your trying to get into a job of Art.
reepblue
Wants to think it is 2009.

???

Postby Kopeke » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 pm

reepblue wrote:
p0rtalplayer wrote:I'm going to be switching web hosts some time this weekend (hopefully), and I'd like to be able to only have to set up one domain when I do so...if we stay mAI there's no question of whether we keep mAL (was hard to get that!), but myApertureInnovations has not really got that well known.

I honestly really don't care. What I do care about is the logo crap I spent hours on. It is really nice to have a site use your logo when your trying to get into a job of Art.

Well you could still do a mAL's logo and trademark stuff make over.
Kopeke
Last minute mapper

Postby p0rtalplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm

reepblue wrote:

I completely understand, I put a lot of work into mAI paraphernalia also. We'll see when the poll closes.
p0rtalplayer
Ideal Gas

Postby p0rtalplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm

If you weren't around in chat earlier, I got a quick interface for browsing the mAL files until nick gets me the database info. Here: http://www.myapertureinnovations.com/filedb/olddb.php
p0rtalplayer
Ideal Gas

Postby reepblue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 am

Kopeke wrote:Well you could still do a mAL's logo and trademark stuff make over.

Slapping "LABS" in replacement of innovations will not work. The entire logo and site would need to be thought over. Also it does not help that I burned CDs and uploaded it to my portfolio and now it is at risk of being obsolete.

p0rtalplayer wrote:If you weren't around in chat earlier, I got a quick interface for browsing the mAL files until nick gets me the database info. Here: http://www.myapertureinnovations.com/filedb/olddb.php

Neat news, 2009 version of Blue Portals is still there! :D
reepblue
Wants to think it is 2009.

???

Postby FelixGriffin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Wait, there were 20-some votes before. Where did they go?
FelixGriffin
Test Element Designer

Postby Kopeke » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

p0rtalplayer wrote:If you weren't around in chat earlier, I got a quick interface for browsing the mAL files until nick gets me the database info. Here: http://www.myapertureinnovations.com/filedb/olddb.php

That's sweet! Do you plan on putting them in mAI's database when everything's sort out?
Kopeke
Last minute mapper

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements